March 22, 2006

Enter Creative Title Here

My time in the south is winding down, and I'm not feeling the general nostalgia that I normally feel when something I've spent a lot of time doing is about to end...

It's probably the result of various factors. Not having a life... the job being a bizarre and strange kind of hard. I keep getting thoughts such as, "Was I ever even here?", "Do I really know these people?", etc. etc. It's just bizarre.

I'm worried about going home. I'm worried I won't find another job, I'll be stuck somewhere with no hope or future, and I'll gradually lose my ambition to not be stuck at home. If I could have something before I flew home it'd be great. But as of right now it looks like I'll be there at least a week or two full of worry and wondering if it was stupid of me to turn down the Georgia job.

I just don't want to be in the South anymore. I do an I don't. It's a toss-up. Sure, it's pretty, people are generally nice. But I find the racism rather trying. Everyone I've met here (except the Canadians and the South African) are rascist, to varying degrees. Churches are either black or white. I've been told that white people smell like wet dogs when it rains. All white people do this, all black people do that. Many times when I have some interaction with someone who isn't white I worry that they think that something I'm doing is "Racist", or wonder what they think of me (and my colour).

It just wears on a person, and I don't like it.

And yes Justin, it is Connect Four. I discovered that when I went back to work. And as a further note, I've decided to conquer my number/pattern ineptitude and start trying Sodoku. I started seeing it around, and it appears to be quite the thing. I tried it the other day and sprained a brain muscle, but I went out and bought a book today and a fancy pencil.

Multiple intelligence, here I come!

5 comments:

Emily said...

watch out Soduku is incredibly addictive!! I went through a phase around Christmas-time. I feel so pleased with myself when I complete one!
Do they really say that wet white people smell like wet dogs??

Anonymous said...

I LOVE sudokus!! And, as Emily said, they really are addictive. Brandy even got addicted.

Wow, the whole wet dog thing might explain why I don't like hanging out with white people when it's raining... It's all becoming so clear...

Shannon Skafte said...

I've neber tried one - - should I ??

i'm glad you are - jsut let me know if it's something i'd be good at...

Love ya - can't wait to see you -

oh What is the date of your arrival?

Anonymous said...

Advertisement number: 1937685
Title: Youth development co-ordinator (Katimavik Project Leader) (NOC: 4212)
Terms of Employment: Temporary, Full Time, Weekend, Evening
Salary: $489.21 Weekly for 40 hours per week, Other Benefits
Anticipated Start Date: 2006/08/14
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia (1 vacancy)
Skill Requirements:
Education: Completion of college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training, Completion of university
Experience: 1 - 2 years
Languages: Speak English, Speak French, Read English, Read French, Write English, Write French
Target Groups or Clients: Male, Female
Specific Skills: Implement life skills workshops
Additional Skills: Administrative and office activities
Other Information: Project Leaders live in a Canadian community where alliances exist with local partners. Partners offer volunteer work to three groups of eleven participants who live with the Project Leader for the nine months of the program (one group at a time). Food and lodging (with participants) are covered.

Employer: Katimavik

Please apply for this job only in the manner specified by the employer. Failure to do so may result in your application not being properly considered for the position.
How to Apply: Contact Name: Janet Belliveau
By Mail:

5991 Spring Garden Rd, suite 485
Halifax, Nova Scotia
B3H 1Y6


By Fax: (902) 492-4321
By E-mail: hr@katimavik-atl.org

Business Profile: As Canada's leading national youth service learning program, Katimavik offers young people aged 17 to 21 that chance to learn through volunteer work, to better understand their country, and to develop their leadership skills.
Web Site: http://www.katimavik.org

Just a job you might like

I love you,

have fun in Jackson

Mom

Ruth said...

What is Sodoku?

I used to play Connect Four all the time with the boys next door when I was little. I loved that game. I was a little confused when you called it Count 4.