June 09, 2006

Woops!

Welcome to a very special edition of Tuesday's Tunes. Why is it special? Because it's Friday!

Tuesday went by without my noticing, and when I did realize that Tuesday had passed I decided to express my angst by spilling water on the laptop. Fortunately a little romance with the hairdryer brought it back to life, but I'm not sure how much longer it'll be breathing on it's on. I think this is what they call a persistant vegitative state.

Anyway! This week I've been inspired by the weather. Rain, lot's of rain. So much rain that all the seeds I recently sowed are kaput. The air and ground are saturated with water, we're all pasty due to a lack of sun, and it's as cold as an Alabama winter. Phooey.

This week's tune: Remember When it Rained - Josh Groban

Yes Josh, I can. It was just a few minutes ago, and then a few minutes before that.

Josh Groban is probably an aquired taste, but those who like him, like him a lot. I'd have to say that this little diddy is one of my favorites, though there are others such as, When You Say You Love Me, Let Me Fall, You Raise Me Up, etc. If you had walked into our apartment at any point last year you very likely would have heard Josh singing his heart out from either my room or Ruth's, and he was probably on repeat (that and Feed the World - Do They Know It's Christmas). Good times were had by all.

So there you have it. My recommendation for this week is one that is sure to please the masses and I hope that during this dreary spring you can find something to cheer you up (maybe next week it'll be You Are My Sunshine, cuz I'm gonna have to find a replacement for the real thing pretty darn soon).

1 comment:

Ruth said...

"If you had walked into our apartment at any point last year you very likely would have heard Josh singing his heart out from either my room or Ruth's, and he was probably on repeat."

It's so true! Oh, good times.