February 27, 2007

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Sure you do! I'm sick!

There's been a sinus infection going around here and it started hitting me in the face on Sunday night. As you may have gathered I am at work... because I didn't start feeling really crappy until 5 or 6pm, and that's kind of too late. I have some fakequil with me, so hopefully I'll make it through the night without passing out. I'm so calling in for tomorrow... I hate it cuz that means less money, but it wouldn't be very nice of me to make everyone else sick (although eveyone else has already had it).

Anyway. I even had a fever this evening. And I never get fevers. I'm so glad the kids all settled on time...

Did you catch the oscars? I lurve that show. I don't know why, because even though all those winners say, "It's possible! Look at me!", you know it's really not. Although Oprah says that if I ask for it and believe, it'll be mine. I'm not so sure that that generalization can apply to everyone... I don't think I could go up to the mentally ill dude on the street and tell him that if he believes he can have millions of dollars that he will. I'm pretty sure he already believes that, and something about aliens.

There's a show on Bravo called Bathroom Divas: So You Want to Be An Opera Star. Bathroom Divas airs Saturdays at 9ET / 6PT and repeats Tuesdays at 8ET / 5PT. I highly recommend it. They did a cross country search looking for undiscovered operatic talent. One thing I like about it, is it's not a popularity contest like American Idol. The judges, the ones with all the know-how, how-to, and lets-do, are the deciders. So there is a stronger likelihood that the one with the most talent will actually win, instead of the one with the best hair or funniest dance moves. Apparently this is season two, so you may have heard of it before. But if you get the chance, you should look into it.

Another Canadian artist I'd recommend would be Maesha Brueggergosman. I believe she's from Nova Scotia, and if not it's definitely somewhere in the Maritimes. Her father was once the executive minister for the Convention, and I first heard her sing at Tidal Impact in 2002. She sang in the Moncton Coliseum, and they didn't even have her miked for fear of damaging the sound system. She's a classical artist, highly acclaimed, even does some old hymns from time to time. I saw a brief clip on Bravo the other day, singing "this is my story, this is my song, praising my saviour all the day long". And you can't sing like she does and not mean it! Anyway, if you've got a moment definitely check out some samples on her website.

I told you you'd give a damn.

I'm gonna go disinfect the office again... I have a bunch of overnights this week, so there may even be another post. Unless my noes continues it's snotty rebellion.

No comments: