June 24, 2008

The Problem with Outsourcing

I have BellExpress Vu (soon to be had). For the past month the signal has been cutting in and out and we have TV only about 75% of the time. Considering what one pays for satellite, this is more than a little annoying.

I can't find the information for the local installer so I took a chance and called the main Bell number. I talked to George (obviously not a George) who then told me that for the problem I'm having I would have to get a technician to come visit me for $75. I said that there is one dish for the whole apartment building and I wasn't happy with a charge of $75. He said I should find out if my neighbours are having similar problems, and then laughed when I said I live in a building with approximately 100 families, and that would be a little difficult.

I asked for the contact information of the local installer and he gave me an address and number for a Futureshop in Dieppe, New Brunswick... about 3 hours from here.

Customer service hates me, it always has. It doesn't matter where I go, I always seem to attract the worst service possible, if any at all. I would love to be a secret shopper! Come shopping with me one day and you'll see. It's funny too, because I'm a really good consumer and would probably buy something from you if you didn't spend most of your time pretending I don't exist.

Gah! So, I'm switching to Eastlink and getting digital cable. Hopefully they won't hate me too, because I don't think I could handle it.

No comments: