August 06, 2005

I think I'm on to something here!

Three foiled practice posts later and here I am! I've finally made the jump from LiveJournal to Blogger.

I had thought about it for a while, and though it may not seem like an important decision, I still hemmed and hawed over it. But I did it, and now I have this lovely thing to occupy myself!

To explain the title - I'm no lady. It's a reference that I do not feel comfortable applyng to myself. I am still, for all intents and purposes, very much a university student and I'd like to change that. Not that there's anything wrong with living like a university student, except when you're not one...

When I was 16, I helped out at a daycare in my hometown to do facepainting for an afternoon. The parents all called me the facepainting lady, and I was quite shocked to be called such. I suppose that in relation to a 3 year-old any teenage girl could be a lady, but I really didn't like being called a lady.

But, try as I might, the age of ladiness is fast approaching. My friends are marrying and making offspring, and I still mooch off of my parents. It's time for a change.

My goals tend to be flexible, but this one is not, by necessity: I must grow-up. I must become an adult and acquire adult-like qualities. I must gain responsibility while hopefully maintaining personality.

And my hope is that this little webspace will become evidence of such a change.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey if it makes you feel any better, I am married and have a baby and still mooch of my mom!
And I have no intention of ever becoming a lady....
B

Anonymous said...

I would also like to leave you the site Ryan is making for Hailey so we don't have to be sending pics all the time, its...
www.haileyg.50megs.com

Lemme know if it works and what you think
B