September 14, 2005

Fix You

I guess it must be time for another update. The inspiration monkey has been off the wheel in my head for a day or two and the sloth of apathy has been sloggishly feuling the fire now quite dependently.

But I will persevere! Unfourtunately for you that means a rather boring post. I'm sure you can handle it.

I packed a box today. This box is different than the boxes I usually pack when moving. This is the box. The only box I will be taking with me. I placed my treasured items into this box with great care, not only to protect it from getting ruined but to analyse my reasons for taking the thing. I have only one box, whatever I take has to be exactly what I like to think I need.

I'm not taking very much. Just some pictures, souvenirs from trips, and a few books. Everything else is staying here in a blue rubbermaid container in the basement. Most of it is completely useless anyway. But for whatever reason I've decided that I somply must hang on to every book I ever bought (or borrowed in some cases).

Though I'm ready for Alabama I am not, however, ready for Dartmouth. Mom is moving to a one-bedroom and all of my rejected stuff has to be packed in boxes to await my return from the great Deep South. I have no idea why it took three cars to get all of my belongings home from university, it just doesn't seem like that much anymore.

Another task of this evening was burning my computer files to CD. I'm not taking my computer either. It's just too big and too old to bother. One day I will have an Apple iBook G4, and it will be beautiful. But for now everything I typed in the past four years is now safely saved on a cd.

My new "Most Favortist Song Du Jour" is Fix You by Coldplay. Chris Martin could probably write something about gravel and grass, and I'd be thrilled. These lyrics, however, just seem to fit my present circumstance quite nicely.

When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Tears stream down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down your face
And I

Tears stream down your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down your face
And I

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you.

No comments: