September 09, 2005

It's Been Awhile

I am often frustrated when I go through my list of daily internet visits and find that no one has updated. Why can't people update everyday? Don't they know I need something to do with my time?

And here I am, three days away from my last post. Shame on me, is all I have to say.

There's been a minor change of plans in the Alabama Adventue. I've decided to travel down with Consuelo, another girl from Dartmouth who is also going to be working at Three Springs. It just doesn't make any sense for me to go through the hassle of buying a car here, registering and insuring it, just to get there and have to go through the whole process over again. It's also going to be cheaper for the both of us to carpool.

The original plan was to leave on Friday the 16th and get there a couple days later. But she ran into some issues getting her papers in order so the plan changed to Tuesday the 20th. So that's when I'll be leaving!

I haven't been up to much lately. It's too soon to start packing the few items I'll be taking and I don't have much else to get ready, so I spend my days wandering around. At least I'm not nervous anymore... but we'll see how that's going this time next week.

When I was in the valley Labour Day weekend there was a marathon on A&E of 24 (the show with Keifer Sutherland). Ma and I ended up getting hooked and we rented the first and second season DVD's this week. It's never good to watch that much TV. It's doubly never good to watch that much of the same TV show.

It took me a long time to get a normal inner monologue back. Phrases like "patch me through", "extricate", "copy that" etc, had kidnapped my normal mental processes. I knew it was too much when I went over to the mall to kill some time and every one became suspicious...

1 comment:

Rebecca Jane said...

Wondering if, at this camp for troubled youth if you'll have to have a strange nature name like the counsellors at Sagewalk - like mother raven or boulder, or something. If so - what would yours be?