October 17, 2005

You don't know me for real

So today the true colours come out. More or less.

I'm not so big on their respect list. That's ok with me, I'll just take away their points. The thing that gets my goat the most is when they do the mocking Canadian accent thing... gawt dawg.

Anywho, it looks like I missed all the fun this weekend on my off shift. Apparently the girls went ape and there was a bit of a riot.

Today I realized that I've been waiting for all this craziness to pass over. Then I realized that it's crazy like this all the time. It'll take some getting used to, but as long as I can find a way to release this excess adrenaline, things should be fine.

That, and I get paid this week.

I heard some tough stories tonight. A child scared to go home. She'd rather be in a detention centre then face going home. And there's nothing I can do about it.

Prayer requests: I don't like asking cuz it feels selfish, but here's the issues du jour.

- My role is going to increase, and I'll be primary counsellor more and more. I need patience and intestinal fortitude.
- I need a car.
- Pray for the girls especially. They're so young and have so much to deal with. It blows my mind.

3 comments:

Rebecca Jane said...

Praying!

richmanwisco said...

keep up the good fight...we're rooting for ya

Shannon Skafte said...

I love you Ev'y -
I'm prayin' for you. You'll be sucha great 'primary'.

i love you.
Ciao