July 27, 2006

10 Years Ago Today


I remember this race like it was yesterday... *sigh*. The '96 Olympics in Atlanta was the first year of my irrational obsession with the greatest sporting event on earth. I still have the scrapbooks I kept of every newspaper article from the Chronicle Herald that had anything to do with these games. My obsession has become more rational in that I have come to understand that not going to work/school, or forgoing social interaction in order to watch Olympic coverage is just plain ridiculous. Although I may consider coordinating my vacation time with any upcoming games... and heck maybe I'll even be in Vancouver in 2010!

2 comments:

Emily said...

That was 10 years ago??? Holy Smokes I feel old! Not to mention that I graduated from high school 6 years ago....
My how time flies! It seems like just yesterday when you were clearing your academic calendar so that you could watch the 2002 Olympics...

Anonymous said...

OH my gosh! I agree with Emily, I can't believe that was 10 years ago!! I'm super old!