September 02, 2006

Twitterpatted

There's this song... this, country song, that I have listened to about 20 times in the last hour. That doesn't happen very often, so I felt that this affection was definitely blogworthy.

The song is, "Would You Go With Me" by Josh Turner, and this may be the MSG induced euphoria speaking, but yes, yes I would. And not just because Mr. Singer man is dreamy, but because... well maybe just for that reason.

As Shannon would say, "sigh... swoon".

So, for the friends who are always asking if I have a cruzh on someone, here ya go. I know it doesn't really count, but it's the best I can do.

MSG enduced euphoria you ask? In my efforts to support the local community, and because there's nothing closer, ma and I went to the local Chinese food joint for supper, appropraitely named the "Hing Wing", which specializes in everyone's favorite Cantonese and Canadian dishes. I've always preferred my chicken "sai gai'd" (whatever that means).

My local community is scary, and I keep my door locked. Not scary in that gangsta kind of way, but in that "there's a mental hospital less than a mile down the road", kind of way. And when the patients move out of there, I'm pretty sure they just move right on in to my building.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing people who need mental help. I've taken public transit, and I know lot's of people need it. But I'm still going to keep my door locked, and try to avoid making contact with the glazed eyes of my neighbours. Like the guy next door who talks to himself so loudly that I can hear him through the wall (not that I would ever listen... because that would be crazy).

But despite all common sense and the warnings of the parental units, I do end up walking through my little community after the sun goes down. And in case you were wondering, yes, that is when the real crazy comes out.

I finally have a Sunday off, so tomorrow I'm heading out to church for the first time in a very long time. Closest to me there is a Salvation Army church, but I've never really wanted to march in the infantry, so I'll be heading to South End Baptist, which is only 0.85 miles away as the mapquest flies.

I went for a trial walk this evening to see if it was a feasible Sunday morning shoes kind of walk, and what mapquest fails to tell you is that about 80% of that 0.85 mile is perfectly vertical. The downside to a harbour view is that everything is up from where you are... Anyway, I made it up the mountain and found the church, much to my delight. The walk however, is hardly one to be made in a skirt and flip-flops, so I'll probably take the bus there and walk home (yes, it is up hill both ways, thanks for asking).

Stay tuned for Nova Scotia Church Adventure: Part I

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FC HAS A CRUSH!!! HEHEHEHEHEHE!!

Ok i'm good now. Well it's good to hear that FC finally went to church. Tell us how it went. If you see any more heavenly vortexes I might start questioning your own sanity lol.

Fetusboy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.