November 12, 2006

News You Can Use

I'm sure I've used that title before... But who's counting?

Anyway, it's 6:30am, and I get to go to sleep in about 15 minutes. I mental blogged most of the night shift, but never got around to actually doing it, so now there is no post.

Just like in university, where there was no dean's list... Only that was waaaay more expensive.

I digress. There's a song I uber-enjoy these days, Chasing Cars - by Snow Patrol. Ch ch ch ch ch ch check it out. And also, if you don't know me and I don't know you, you should go to Wintersleep.com and listen to some tunes. It'll like, totally blow your mind.

Hmmm, what else. Oh yes! I'm working Christmas Eve. I know it's the nature of the job and what not, since we're open 24/7 (and don't I know it), but I was kind of hoping to enjoy the holidays with people who's parents haven't abandoned them. Nothing says depressing Christmas like "ward of the state". And although we don't say ward of the state anymore, it does have a certain melancholic effect in this case.

I worked all night shifts again this week. The sun! The sun! And I don't have many scheduled shifts coming up which makes me nervous. My kittens (Steve the girl, and Hank the boy) are growing, and I really don't want to be out of money the week they start to bring their relationship to the next level. They're related for heaven's sake! Off with their baby maker's!

Anyway, it's now 6:40 and I'm off in 5.

Peace out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well you should at least get one of them spayed/neutered. I don't know about male cats but female cats are horribly annoying when they're in heat. HORRIBLY.

So will you guys do anything for the kids on Christmas Eve? Do they get presents and stuff on Christmas? It would be really sad if they didn't.

I miss you!

P.S.
Email me with your number okay? I need to interview you soon.