February 23, 2008

Hurts Like a

Ow. That's about all I have to say. I still can't walk right, probably due to some miscommunication between my aching quadriceps and strained calves... they don't want to hurt and try to trip me in the process. I'm glad I skipped the crunches or I'd be in bad shape because that's about the only thing not giving me heck today.

It's just the beginning so I'm not to worried about it. In fact, I've always been a little fond of muscle pain... it proves I did something. I'll be back to the gym tomorrow, but I'm skipping the elliptical and going for the treadmill instead. I will also try to remind myself to slow down a little. I tend to rush through the circuit weights, and it's unnecessary.

Since I've gone away from eating bad for me foods, I find I'm never thirsty. I used to drink 2-3 litres a day, but now I'm lucky if I can get through one. It's probably all the veggies, but it's kind of weird, I've gotten used to always being thirsty and looking for the nearest water source.

So I bought my laptop today. And it was just as difficult as I thought it'd be. It felt similar to that morning a couple years ago when I got into a strangers car and drove deep into the south of another country. Maybe that's a little dramatic, but you get the idea.

The sales guy was refreshingly non-pushy, and didn't even call me names when I decided not to buy the product service plan. It may be a risk, but I'm willing to not pay the $179.99 for an extra year service and just deal with it whenever the thing needs to be repaired. The moment was prolonged when my debit card told me I had exceeded my limit. I've never had that problem before, nor do I anticipate having it again, and it was kind of funny when I needed my mom to spot me $10 in order to complete the transaction.

I don't actually have it in my paws yet, because I got the back-up disk thingy to re-load Vista if I ever have a problem, and that takes a few hours to do. I'll be picking it up tomorrow as close to 9:30 am as I can get since I should sleep a little after my night shift... I could only bring home the printer/scanner/copier.

I felt like a mom of twins who could only bring them home one at a time. But the little ones will be reunited soon!

This was going to be a short post, but I always get chatty when I'm excited or nervous. I better go find some work to do to look productive. Youth care has been rather easy lately... kids going to bed by themselves... not smoking pot... being polite and respectful... who could imagine such a thing!

No comments: