July 18, 2008

Titles Are Overrated

Is overrated one word or two? Je ne sais pas.


So last night I got together with some friends to do birthday celebrating... Everyone punked out but 3 of us went downtown and it was lovely. I'm actually glad it was a small crew - I definitely enjoyed myself. We pulled into the driveway at 5:20am, which seems late, but given that all of us do shift work it's not that scandalous. It'd be weird if we were home much before that.


We ended the night at Freeman's Little New York on... on... I don't know what street it's on, but it was the best burger I've ever had, cheap too. Definitely worth a re-visit during daylight hours.


So that leaves us with today and having to drive for 3 hours to get to the family reunion in the valley. Sans air conditioning - and today is a scorcher. It's probably around 29C, but it'll feel higher because the valley doesn't have the luxury of ocean AC like the city does.


We're going to Margaretsville though, which is on the shore of the Bay of Fundy - aka coldest frickin' water south of the Arctic. In all the years I've been going there, I've only put my feet in once that I can recall... I'm excited to take Sheamus beachcombing while we're there - we'll get to introduce him to our rock "castle" that we used to play on as kids... it'll probably be more us playing and him drooling, but whatev!


It's hot here today... Hank isn't handling it very well. For example:

This is what he's been doing for the last two hours - so hot he didn't even move his head when I put the food out a few minutes ago. He's usually in front of the fan, but I don't think he has the energy to move that far.

No comments: