October 10, 2008

Onwards and Upwards

The conference is done, and it was excellent! 

We presented on Wednesday morning during the first session, and it was really nice to get it out of the way early. I wasn't too nervous going in, but I was definitely feeling some adrenaline... I don't feel like I did it the way I wanted to, but I received good feedback, so I'm pleased with that. 

I ended up spending a gazillion hours on the powerpoint and not as much on what I actually said, so if I had a little more time in that area it would have gone differently. 

I may have some future presentation projects on the horizon as a result of this, which is also quite exciting. I don't know much about this kind of thing and kind of figure it out as I go along, but I like it, no matter how much I complain. :)

I've been to a lot of conferences in my day - mostly the churchy kind, but I'm very familiar with the post-inspiration high. I'm looking for more sustainability out of this one though. There's no way I can continue to accept the way I had been doing things, that would be a huge failure in my books. 

Regardless of what transpires from here, I'm excited about the prospects!


No comments: