October 06, 2008

What's Business Casual?

I'm going away for a conference this week (at which, I am presenting with 3 co-workers), and I think it's going to be great. 

I'm in such anticipation of it's greatness that I've decided to let my immune system take a break so I could deal with a stuffy head, scratchy throat and try to remember my flash drive at the same time. 

So awesome I can't even tell you.  I'm only a little sick now, but by Wednesday it should be "fierce" only not in a fashionable way. We present in the morning, so I hope no one minds the pile of kleenexes that will undoubtably grow as the time wears on. 

The real loser in all of this is my roomie for the week. As I was telling her a while ago, I don't snore much anymore (that I can tell), except when I'm sick. There's snoring, sneezing, snotting, all on top of nyquil induced blabbering... It's not a good time, and I'm the only one in the cottage who won't remember it. I'm hoping there's a couch I can sleep on to avoid any conflict. 

Work conference means business casual. Business casual means I have to buy some clothes because all I got's casual without the business. I have clothing issues anyway, in that I never have enough (literally, not in a hedonistic way - I don't have a lot of clothes) and it's always when I'm looking for something that I can't find anything. 

There's going to be a link to the super awesome powerpoint presentation I spent too long on on the company website, but then you'd know where I workm and we can't have that now can we. 

Kleenexes used during the writing of this post: 4. 

Echinacea is a lie! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find grey wide-leg pants and a blue or green blouse is always good. It's dressy, but not too much. It's like you tried, but didn't try too hard.