January 10, 2006

Trippin'

Here's the plan:

Because I'm working an extras day this week to cover for a Canadian co-worker who has the great fortune of flying home this week (sure, her grandparents are deathly ill and in the hospital, but at least she got to go home!)... since I worked an extra day I get another day off, and the day I can take would give me three in a row... So I want to go on a little trip. I don't care if I'm going myself, I can't forsee the chance to do this with anyone anytime soon since everyone is working, but I'm thinking of hitting the road and heading to Birmingham for a day or two. Just for the experience of being there.

I don't know what to do there... and the girls have only suggested malls, so I'm going to have to do a little research.

I also haven't fully decided if this is a good idea or not. I mean... I know it's not, but I'd still really like to go.

Who knows.

I don't think I would survive the summer here. It's just going to be too hot. Right now it's in the 60's-70's and I find the humidity bothersome. April is looking more and more likely, though we shall see when it comes.

Thank-you for commenting. Now the next step is to not only read and comment, but to fly on a plane all the way down here and have an actual conversation.

Ahhhhh, conversation, the mere thought of it! It may take a while to loose the whole I'm in charge tone thing, but I think I'll get the hang of it.

Bed time. Talk to y'all soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, going alone to Birmingham?? Well, I'm like the mom and I'm up way too late with the Daily Show on in the background thinking isn't a young woman going on a road trip alone how they start story lines for Law and Order?

i agree everyone should vote. I vote Evelyn not go on a trip by herself

Evelyn's Mom

Anonymous said...

LOL your Mom's funny! And I agree with her. :P

Shannon Skafte said...

I vote with the no go it alone plan. You can go IF and ONLY IF you take a friend... a large, scary, black belt holding friend.

aha. you know what to do in Birmingham... you can sing the song by Amanda Marshall - the Lights of Birmingham... it'd be great.

Anonymous said...

I think you should go to nashville texas... and don't go alone.... come get me and we can go together!
Love ya,
B