February 07, 2006

Unanimous

Geesh guys, I haven't even applied for the job yet!

But regardless, I have things planned out and have a lovely picture of what things will be like when *cough* if I move there. But at the moment, all signs point to yes.

The only thing I need is a car/a way to get there. This may pose a problem as my fiscal responsibility has gone the way of the NDP and I'm on the down side of up in that area of life.

I'm still reading Blue Highways. It has occupied my headspace for most of the day, and I've been more focused on getting the reading done than getting my job done. Good thing we're double covered and I'm not the primary staff.

However, my new co-counsellor is on the opposite end of the spectrum in regards to my style of counselling. I ended up being a lot stricter on these girls than I expected (hence the almost daily threats of violence). But I figure, if I don't hold them to a high standard, then who is??? Anyway. She tends to let them get away with things, and does things like let them take short-cuts, etc., when I have spent the last few months passionately defending my standards (ok, forget that passionate part). So tomorrow, when she does home and I stay on for another day, things are going to be absolute hell.

The thing is, it's only two residents who are going to do there best to rake me over the coals (they've threatened that already). What will help get me through is the knowledge that they're being re-staffed next week. What does that mean you ask? Well they're being sent to a lock-down facility for another 6-9 months. Depending on behavior.

Whatever does the trick.

Anyway. I'm sure I'll have more to say tomorrow night, the last night of this shift. I have 4 more days off between now and home, and 8 more days on.

I may be insane when I get off that plan. So don't be surprised.

Truro is definitely fun to say.

No comments: