July 22, 2006

Watashi Wa Meishi Desu

That's all I remember from my semester of Japanese. Watashi wa meishi desu. I am a business card.

And I got up every morning at 7 am for that class. 7 am is early in university...

Anyway, I'm working all weekend, which is just fine with me, except I'm starting to feel a little sick. I feel asleep last night at 7:45 (I got home at 7:30), and slept until 7:00 this morning... and I'm still sleepy, but not "I slept too much sleepy", it's more "why do you make me stay up late??? this is revenge!!!" kind of sleepy.

It's really rainy. Although this time the rainy clouds have a name: Beryl. It's such a gross name I'm amazed it hasn't turned up in my family (my grandmother is Hazel Althea, her sister is Thelma Kizboro). Just plain bizarre...

So, the apartment lady called me and she wasn't able to confirm that I have a job with my employer because my employer doesn't like to reveal information about it's employees. This is all well and good, but I'd rather risk it and know by now that I have an apartment instead of having to wait until Monday. I'm still a little skeptical that my application won't go thought, but the apartment lady said, "we'll finalize it on Monday". Doesn't that sound like I got it???

My honey nut cheerios were yucky this morning. I think the dampness of this apartment finally got to them. But you'll all be glad to know that it doesn't smell like cat litter in here anymore. So you can all come back and visit. We can have barbequed salmon.

When I first heard that some of the Canadians being evacuated from Lebanon hadn't actually lived in Canada for several years, I thought that there should have been some kind of prioirty system, and they should get the "real" Canadians out first. But that crazy lady on the news had a good point, citizenship is citizenship and there shouldn't be a hierarchy. I know that if I were living in another country that suddenly found itself being at war, then I'd appreciate a little boat ride to safety by my country of citizenship.

I'm quite impressed that the prime minister flew to Cyprus to pick up some Canadians who were fleeing from Lebanon. It was a good idea, and there's not really anything negative they can say about that.

The people who planned this evacuation probably did the best they could with what they had, but you'd think that had they though about it a little more, they would have realized that having things like food, water, and toilet paper on the ships would have been a good idea... just a thought.

The pictures have nothing to do with anything. I found them on a disc that was lying around so I'm sharing them with you. I've been told that I'm not a good sharer, so be grateful.

My blog will be a year old as of August 6th of this year. If I were talented, I'd unveil a whole new layout and bloggy thingy. But I'm not, so I can't. I still like the title and everything, but it's been a year and change can be a good thing.





Kitty tried to make friends with a stray cat through the window. But then the stay cat got angry and tried to eat Kitty through the screen. They're not friends anymore.

I'm going to go back to sleep now :)

6 comments:

Ruth said...

Evelyn, I love your randomness!
Can't wait to see you in August! (at this secretive "special event") hehe

The bachelorette party is going to be a blast! I can't wait to be together again with my ABU girls! You all make me laugh!

richmanwisco said...

Seven is early in university? Heck, 7 a.m. is last night !

Anonymous said...

Evelyn,
Your mother says you need to sleep more. and maybe get out of the damp apartment and go somewhere other than the sweaty work place.

And i am skeptical about the attnedance at that 7 am class. Hey I'm just saying.

Mommy

Anonymous said...

Hey at least you got the option of taking Japanese! I went to sign up for it this year and it's not being offered :( So I decided to take Hebrew. Danger, I know. But I think it'll be so cool to learn the ancient Biblical language. And yes, those are really random pics. But kinda nice too. And i'll go to your house even if it does smell like kitty litter. Cuz I like you.

Shannon Skafte said...

So when you leave, for your new place, and your mom leaves...
where does kitty go?

Anonymous said...

Kitty goes to edmonton to find work

Barbara