October 29, 2006

Magic Hour

It's now 1:30 am for the second time tonight, and though I am in fact "on the clock" for this magical repeat hour, I'm doing it out of the goodness of my heart, because the little Leprechauns who run the world (or at least my part of it) have decided that I won't get paid for it.

If it looks like 13 hours, and it feels like 13 hours, then shouldn't I be paid for 13 hours?

I guess there are bigger fish to fry...

My birdhouse is hardening, my male kitten (Hank) has stopped peeing on anything absorbent (seriously, of the whole floor you have to pick the pile of clean towels??? Honestly!), and I'm smack dab in the middle of Harry Potter book 5. Oh, and my dishes are done. All this to say things are humming along quite nicely.

I walked in to work tonight and the gal that opened the door happened to be someone who went to high school with my sister, which was my high school, only the younger version. How bizarre. It's still weird for me to run in to people that I share things in common with. I'm used to saying... "You know, that little piece of land to the right of Maine", because some super powers in the world choose not to learn about places like Nova Scotia.

Four all-nighters in a row... Night is day, day is night. Weekends and Weekdays are all runny and look the same. I woke up at 3pm today to watch Oprah. But it's a Saturday and Oprah doesn't open on the weekends. I'm all confuddled, though remarkably unsleepy. To the point that I can't even go to sleep when I get off of work, but I doddle around reading the paper and petting kittens.

Speaking of points, remember when I used to have one? A single subject per post or conversation. Focus, determination, ambition. That must be my daytime version self. This night time version stays up late on its nights off and makes papier mache birdhouses. For real, for real.

Uh-oh... I sense the "what am I doing with my life" question rearing it's ugly head. Honestly, can't I just focus on saving for a chair and ottoman without wondering about my ultimate purpose in life?

Mmm, shiny.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, I was up at 2 am last night...you could have called me...we could have chatted.

Mom

Anonymous said...

FC I miss you! Too bad you're not living closer, my advanced research methods group is doing a study on sleep and how it affects memory. Sounds like you would be a great guinea pig. But alas, you are there and I am here. Suck.

Shannon Skafte said...

Oh Ev'y I miss you and your wonderful random-ness...
Sigh...

I don't know when I'll be down to Hali, but soon I hope... I might be going down this weekend - but it's with a friend and only to bayers lake area... so i won't be able to see you - - sigh...

SO instead of a Chair... go for a big bean bag chair and a smaller one for the foot stool