October 09, 2006

Wuv, Twue Wuv

Is what bwings us togevah today.

So, I'm sure you're all chomping at the bit to hear how the wedding went on Saturday. Twas good, twas good.

I had Thurs-Sat off, and though there wasn't any weddingness happening on Thursday I'm still glad I had the day to chill and do laundry, because the next few days were off the chizain busy. Mom came in Thursday night (we borrowed James' truck for the weekend) and we started out early on Friday getting the decorations together. Decorations wise it was simple, but very pretty, and it helped that the leaves are pretty close to their height of fantastic colour. It was mostly just Tulle and leaves everywhere, since it was a fall theme afterall. We even had a pumpkin and a few gourds. How quaint.

It's a fine line between ugly and nice when it comes to fall decorations. You want to avoid the super fake... Anyway, I ended up buying an arch at Michael's and some leaves garland. It was really pretty.

The ceremony was short and sweet but very nice. It was outside the hall where the reception was around a gazebo and the weather coupldn't have been more perfect. It had been pretty chilly and windy the day before, but it warmed up nicely and I didn't hear many complaints. Most of the bridal party was pretty new to the whole wedding thing, but even without a rehearsal they did just dandy.

James and BJ are pretty laid back people and they're kind of anti-organization. Being a list person who obsesses over details, things like a program, confirmed guest list, and seating arrangements are things I would spend time on. But they didn't and so the relaxed atmosphere suited them just fine.

The caterer was crazy. She also left her business card on all the tables, which I thought was pretty doggone tacky meself.

The reception went well without any embarrassing moments. And thankfully James' groomsmen had some tact and didn't divulge the stories of the night before. Mostly involving a pub bathroom, passing out and being found with one's pants around one's ankles. Way to go little brother.

Anyway. The photographer dirty danced with her helper/"the other man" friend, there was a 65 year old woman named Paulette in a mini dress, and my entire family and anyone else James invited left right after the dinner. It's all good. They're party poopers who like to feel bad for themselves in dark corners anyway, and I'm trying not to do that. Although they almost got me feeling guilty for talking to people they don't like. But I'm allowed to! So ha!

I'm hoping to get some pictures in the near future so I can show off what a good decorator I am. And if you want to borrow my arch, then just let me know :)

I gotta run, more details to follow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So did you dance till dawn?