October 10, 2007

If I tried to be any cooler, I could save the ice caps.

So my brother got married to some girl a year ago on the 7th of October, and I forgot to mention it, so.. happy aniversary.

She's a nice girl, I usually like her more than her husband, because he gets rude and hangs up on people when he feels lectured. I tell him I've been lecturing younger siblings for a good 22 years, there's no reason to stop now! It's the privilege of being the oldest... omnipotent wisdom just comes with the territory.

Anyway, they're also having a baby and we get to find out what variety it is in a matter of weeks. Back when I first heard I was going to be an Auntie in July it seemed like the birth would be forever away... but it's going remarkably fast! I'm pretty excited, in case you couldn't tell.

So I guess it's official! I've signed my life away for another year... the apartment was picked out and booked before I had even seen the place, but I don't really care. It's a little white apartment in a sea of mega apartment buildings over near Bayers Lake, and there's not really much variety in our price range. I'm not too excited about the location and lack of pedestrian friendliness but there are benefits. There's a washer and dryer in the unit which means no more hoarding of quarters and loonies, or prioritizing what needs laundering more. Plus there's a dishwasher, and I loves me my dishwashers! Plus plus it's cheaper than what I'm paying now, and that's always good.

In my effort to find new and exciting ways to spend my time, I've worked the past 5 days in a row... that would be 56 in 5 days, four of which were night shifts. It's not something I'd recommend on a regular basis, because I'm starting to feel a little manic and crazy. I absolutely can't stand repitition in this state. I'm not sure why but anything that repeats tends to drive me bonkers... commercials, repeats on TV, a song on the radio... I can't handle it...

I may need a nap, preferrably a nap when it's dark.

Anyone want a sofa bed? $25 and it's yours. It may or may not have a cat hair issue...

No comments: