August 07, 2008

Non-iversary

Today is my annual "Missed the Blogging Anniversary" post. I stopped Livejournaling and switched to semi-grown-up blogging three years ago yesterday.

Three years ago is a long time to have not accomplished very much. But you know what, I'm ok with that... I guess...

I realized yesterday that tomorrow is not next week, so I'm going camping in the valley for the weekend. It'll be fun and mostly just nice to be out of the city. I had the chance to work a dayshift today, but I didn't take it and am working the night shift tonight. I should have taken it, but I just wasn't feeling another 5am morning. I actually fell asleep before midnight last night, which never happens, and I almost feel non-zombilicious today. Always a nice change.

If I get all packed tonight it'll be a gosh darn miracle, but a do-able miracle. My tent and chair have already gone on vacation, so I just have to worry about clothes, buy an air mattress because mine leaks and doesn't have a pump (I almost wrote pimp... that's an entirely different air mattress for an entirely different demographic). Hopefully I can find a flashlight because my bus doesn't arrive in the valley until 9:30 pm. Although given that I'll be in a backyard I'm not too concerned...

I haven't blogged lately because I've been focused on the faux paus of blogging (work). Somebody has to choose to do it differently, and I don't know how that's going to happen... one day at a time, I guess...

New pet peeve - text messaging. I absolutely hate it when I'm talking to someone and they pull out their little gadgety thinga ma bob and start typing away, while still talking to you. Hate it. Have some basic human respect people!! Especially when I'm telling you how to do something important at work... that makes me not want to work with you ever.

And on that note, I have laundry to do.

No comments: